About the role
Underknown is on the hunt for an all-star Copywriter to help us grow the Underknown brand and champion the brand voice in a way that excites and engages our viewers. We are looking for someone with a background in copywriting primarily for, but not limited to, digital media. The successful candidate is a strong creative thinker, problem-solver, and effective communicator with a can-do attitude.
Duties and responsibilities
- Writing witty and engaging copies for a range of content and channels, such as video titles and descriptions, website articles and social media posts.
- Writing short scripts for TikTok videos.
- Checking and proofreading videos for both spelling and editing errors.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions.
Qualifications you bring
- Strong understanding of social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in copywriting in a social media marketing environment.
- Fully proficient in social media and social media trends. Knows what is currently considered to be popular, clickable and engaging for a young male audience.
- Collaborative; thrives in a fast-paced environment. We don’t do what we do without our team.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with an acute attention for detail, language, flow, and grammar – English.
- Strong knowledge of Google Drive and Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of Monday.com and Slack is a plus (not required).
Underknown is a data-driven digital-first media company that specializes in creating short-form web series for social video platforms. Our mission is to create fun factual content that educates the world about science and the humanities. We are ranked among the top 3 factual media properties on social media in the world (according to Tubular).
Why work at Underknown?
- Your work will be seen by millions of people around the world.
- A part-time role (20-25 hours/week), that has the opportunity to transition to a full-time role in the near future.
- Work from anywhere. Must be available during our regular operating hours: Monday – Friday 9-5 pm EST
- Competitive hourly rate.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and makes a personal investment in your career at Underknown.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together and has a work hard but have fun attitude
- Work for a values-driven company; we don’t work with brands and organizations that pollute the planet and exploit people.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we sincerely value your time and your interest in Underknown. We’re looking forward to reading your application. We thank all applicants, though only those selected will be contacted.
Underknown is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We are committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We have implemented policies with respect to accommodating people with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during your application or employment with Underknown, please contact the Human Resources Department.